Since last weekend came and went without us really getting to do anything fun, or getting to venture outdoors, we decided last night to head to the mall to walk around. Before the mall, we grabbed a bite to eat at Mimi's Cafe. The food was really good, the atmosphere was cozy and our waiter was amazing. Brooklyn enjoyed her meal of Pepperoni Pizzadillas, fresh fruit and veggies, along with all the extra goodies such as fresh, warm bread and part of Mommy's blueberry muffin. As per usual, the waiter cleared our plates and then asked if we were thinking of dessert. We declined, but he asked if it were alright if Brooklyn had her dessert. After finding out what the dessert was, I said that would be fine.Now, you have to know that Brooklyn does not have a sweet tooth at all. In fact, she would much rather have green beans over chocolate any day. And, she completely despises fruit beyond blueberries and raspberries. I am okay with this, too.
When the waiter brought her dessert, chocolate pudding with gummi worms mixed in and topped with Oreo cookie crumbs, she gave me this weird look, like what am I do to with this!?! I grabbed a spoon and showed her that it was okay. She tasted the pudding, and seemed to like it. But, then, she stuck her fingers in the pudding, and grabbed ahold of a red, wide gummy worm. She pulled it out with a horrified look on her face. I encouraged her to try a bite. The minute that she did, she gave us a disgusted look. Daddy ate the red worm. She went back to eating at the chocolate pudding, and hit another worm, this time it was green. You could tell by the look on her face that she was absolutely confused, and a little disgusted. She handed the green worm to Daddy, and he ate it. She didn't really want to have anymore to do with this so-called dessert, but really didn't want anyone else touching it either.
I hope she doesn't think we were trying to get her to enjoy actual worms, because she has seen those in the garden, and is incredibly disgusted by them. The poor girl...


Adorable... Too cute! =) Devyn has had similar reactions to food and the moments are absolutely priceless!
ReplyDelete