Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A job?!?

Okay. I have to vent. One question: "How in the world can watching my lil' girl, the most precious girl to grace this Earth, be a JOB?" I am befuddled at the mere thought. What I would give to spend every day - all day long - with my lil' girl watching her grow, watching her learn new things while she's playing, watching as her puppy fascinates her, comforting her when she's upset, feeding her, taking her for walks, changing her diapers, putting her down for naps...and the list goes on. I would love to do it all every day. I love being her Mama - nothing in the world is more satisfying and rewarding. But, I have to work. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because it's something I am doing with Kevin to support our family and give Brooklyn all that she ever needs, and usually more. And, as Kevin pointed out to me as I was crying and crying at home before I had to return to work after my maternity leave, I worked hard to get to where I am at, and he didn't want to see me loose that. I respect that I have to work and that my lil' girl's care has to be in the hands of another, but when I hear day after day that it's a job - that's simply more than I can take. Caring for my lil' girl cranky or happy, is NOT a JOB, it's a GIFT!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 AM

    And you Sweet Malisa are a gift to us all too! What a beautiful statement to motherhood, Kevin and Brooklyn are blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:58 PM

    I totally agree with Linda...what a tremendous gift you are, my little one! For those who see watching your lil' girl as a JOB, my sympathies go out to them for they do not realize what an honor has been bestowed on them. To care for another's child and be a part of that precious life is a privilege...not a JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree, as you well know. I think its harder for us working moms, who'd rather quit our jobs and be home with our "gifts". I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:59 AM

    best regards, nice info
    »

    ReplyDelete