Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

My best friend just called me from the baby's aisle at our local grocery store. She said with a lot of excitement in her voice, "They are having a HUGE clearance sale on diapers, you want me to pick you up a pack?" I got giddy right away. Diapers are an absolute necessity, but they are so darn expensive!

We spent the next five minutes going back and forth about different brands, the number of diapers and the cost per diaper. I usually get Brooklyn's diapers at Sams Club, because I have found them to have the best prices - $34.99 for a box of 144 diapers. Now, that's about 24 cents per diaper, pretty good deal actually for the brand I prefer - Pampers.

The grocery store was offering 144 diapers for $14.49 - that's 10 cents per diaper. They are my second diaper brand choice, but I couldn't resist the deal. And, it's really perfect timing because we were going to have to make a Sams Club run very soon.

I'm still buzzing about it. I even ran into my co-worker's office to share the good news. She looked at me and said "Yep, you're a mom!"

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:34 PM

    You definitely need a night out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Next stop .. industrial-strenght Kimbies.

    ReplyDelete