There are times when the roller coaster of life can get you down, and the struggles that you are faced with seem more than you can take.
At work, a song came on that inspired this post. As I listened to the chorus, I started thinking about my grandpa. My grandpa taught not only me, but my whole family to be strong in the face of hardship and struggles. He lived his life in this manner. He let nothing get him down. And, this song, particularly the chorus, really reminded me of him, and this great lesson he instilled in all of us.
"Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you’re made of
You might bend ‘til you break
Cause it’s all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you’ve had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand, then you stand"
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad this song inspired you.
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE this song! And I especially enjoy it when songs like this remind us of a loved one. It's their way of letting us know they're still around!
ReplyDelete