Friday, June 15, 2007

Random Friday

Just a few random thoughts...

• It's amazing to me how much Brooklyn watches our day-to-day activities. When I get home from work, and take off my shoes, she immediately is eager and willing to put my shoes away for me in the closet where they go. Last night, Kevin pulled the broom out to sweep up a crushed ice nightmare on the kitchen floor, and she was over the top eager to use the broom herself. Even though it's much taller than her, she does a pretty good job of using it to move things around on the floor. On Saturday, we were at Brooke's (my best friend's daughter and Brooklyn's friend) 1st birthday party. As Brooke dove into her cake, smearing the frosting all over her nose, chin, cheeks and forehead (completely missing her hair!), Brooklyn sat on my lap and kept trying to hand Brooke a napkin to clean up. It really began to bother Brooklyn that Brooke was such a mess. She showed her what she wanted her to do by wiping her own face and then thrusting the napkin toward her.

• After months and months of watching Brooklyn's interest for the outdoors increase - particularly her backyard and parks - we have decided to get her a playground for our backyard. We picked up the playground last night, getting an incredible deal, and took it home to sit in our garage for another week. We just submitted the correct forms to add a playground to our backyard to our HOA a couple days ago and awaiting their approval. We don't forsee a problem, which is why we went ahead and got the playground. She just squeals at the box because there's a full-color picture of what it will look like.

• After spending Monday and Tuesday with my best friend and her kids, I have decided that having a second kid is doable. Kevin and I have always talked about having more than one kid, but after Brooklyn was born, I began to wonder if it would really work. I love giving her all my attention, and she loves having all our attention. And, how could I ever love another kid as much as I love her. My mom told me that a mom's heart grows with each child, and I believe her, she does have two daughters, but I still had my doubt. But, it just gives me a peace of mind watching my friends with two kids handle it and know that it's all okay. Side note for my mom and mother-in-law who are getting giddy now, we aren't ready to try yet.

• Father's Day is Sunday. It just makes me incredibly thankful for the four men in my life that are dads (and grandpas): my husband, my daddy, my father-in-law and my brother-in-law. Without these men, life wouldn't be the same, and I know that the women in their lives think the same thing. This day also makes me miss my grandpa, who I've mentioned before for his strength and the love he had for his family.

I guess that's it for today. Just some thoughts that I wanted to share.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your miscellaneous thoughts today, Missy. They're the epitome of who you are and I enjoy reading about the blessings in your life!

    As a mom of two, I heartily agree that while its a hard adjustment, it is SO worth it. Just watching Devyn and Hudson interact as siblings makes my heart so happy!

    ReplyDelete