
It is with a very heavy heart that I relay this news to you. My absolute favorite, #1 in my opinion, show has been cancelled. Arghh! I just found out and I have to admit it brought tears to my eyes. I also have to admit that I got all tear-eyed during this week's episode.

Here's the article about it...
----
Why Gilmore Girls Had to End
In the end, they just couldn't strike a deal.
That, in a nutshell, is the reason Gilmore Girls isn't returning for an eighth season.
Multiple sources confirm that Warner Bros. recently made one final offer to Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel that included sizeable salary bumps for both in exchange for a shortened 13-episode season. As is now obvious, that offer was rejected.
The official statement is below.
"Announcing the final season of Gilmore Girls is truly a sad moment for everyone at The CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters. We thank Amy Sherman-Palladino, Dan Palladino, Dave Rosenthal, the amazing cast led by Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as well as the producers, writers and crew for giving us this delightful gem for the past seven years. We would also like to thank the critics and Gilmore fans for their passionate support and promise to give this series the send off it deserves."
Much more to come. In the meantime, post your eulogies below. Stay strong, guys.
----
I will have to post some of my favorite Gilmore memories after I get done crying!


Wow, Missy, this is depressing – time for you to start watching Lost. Wait, till you find out they canceled One Tree Hill – just kidding, wait, don't jump!
ReplyDeleteAerie Tuesdays 4........ever!!!
ReplyDeleteI, too, just LOVE Gilmore Girls! I really wish I had been able to watch more of this season. But Mom hijacked the TV on Tuesday nights and we're stuck watching American Idol.
ReplyDeleteLorelai and Rory are definitely going to be missed!!
Guess Kevin will have to take his pay raise and buy a few more GG DVDs.
ReplyDelete