Even though I said goodbye to my Gilmore Girls last week, I had excitement by the week's end -- I got back my best friend!
What does this mean? Well, my best friend, Jessica and her family moved back to Colorado from Little Rock where they lived for three years. Her husband applied for an open management position with the same company he has worked for since 1998. He got offered the job and took it! They originally moved out to Arkansas so her husband could further advance his career, with the idea that they would move back once there was an opening back here. It's finally happened, and I couldn't be more thrilled to have them back!
They have two kids - Landon and Brooke - both of which are Brooklyn's friends. We went to visit them shortly after Brooke was born (Brooklyn and Brooke are 6 months apart). And, at Christmas this year, we got a picture of the kids to hang on our wall. When I asked Brooklyn Monday if she wanted to go play with Landon and Brooke, she got a huge smile across her face, said yes and pointed at their picture. She knows who they are!
So, Monday, we had a playdate and lunch that last for hours. Tuesday, we had another lunch date. And, we have a playdate set for next week to take the kids swimming.
It's fun having Jessica back in the same state, and right now as they are staying with her mother-in-law, she is only a 10-minute drive away! And, I know that Brooklyn is enjoying spending time with her friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment