Thursday, June 08, 2006

Some things are just priceless...

It's insane to me that different media entities are in the midst of a bidding war to get photos of Brad Pitt and Angelina "Big Lips" Jolie's new baby, Shiloh. I read a report that mentioned Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' baby hasn't been seen by the public, and Suri's already almost two months old. And, what about Moses (Gwenyth Paltrow's new son) and Grier (Brooke Sheilds' new daughter)? Does anyone have their photos yet? How much are they going for??

Now, to be fair, as part of a media conglomerate, I can understand why the media wants to obtain the first photo of a new celebrity-baby, but it makes me wonder, why it's so important? People have babies everyday and not every baby gets his/her picture published in a magazine or splashed across Entertainment Tonight. Only those of celebrities qualify - not that I'm complaining. While I realize that this is part of the celebrity lifestyle, I sometimes find myself feeling sorry for celebrities as I open a celebrity gossip magazine and see Cameron Diaz being just like me because she is tying her shoes on a sidewalk outside of a mall. I mean celebrities literally have cameras photographing their every move. But, when celebrities attract the sort of attention by basically having bidding wars to publish photos of their newly born baby, it's makes me cringe and all sympathy I felt for them is completely gone.

I never once thought about seeing how much money I could get for the photo of Brooklyn's first bite of rice cereal; the photo of her laying in front of all our Christmas presents representing our best Christmas present ever; the photo of her really upset and crying because her puppy looked away from her; or the photo of our new family moments after she was born. There are some things that are just priceless!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:17 PM

    We should have sold our photos of baby Shiloh to "People" magazine first. Boy, they would have been surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:30 PM

    We should have sold our photos of baby Shiloh to "People" magazine first. Boy, they would have been surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:31 PM

    We should have sold our photos of baby Shiloh to "People" magazine first. Boy, they would have been surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, sista, amen! Isn't it crazy?! And on the other hand, why would you want to sell your baby's first photo for 4.1 million? I understand that it all went to charity, but I would certainly feel like I'd sold my child out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete