Thursday, September 25, 2008

A toddler and a 9-month pregnant woman?

Brooklyn's favorite band, Maroon 5, was in concert last night. As soon as I heard that this band was going to have a concert in our town, I thought (seriously) that this would be the perfect mother-daughter date to take Brooklyn on. She just absolutely LOVES their music. She sings along with all their songs (knowing a lot of the words) and loves to dance and jump around to the beat. But, when I mentioned this terrific, fantastic, inspired idea to Kevin, he said probably not a good idea. A toddler and a 9-month pregnant woman at a rock concert...yeah, probably not the best combo or idea. And, besides I couldn't have rewound or replayed a couple of her favorite songs for her once they were done with playing it and that could have bummed her out. Brooklyn's real big on repeating the songs over and over. Kevin and I have become very tired of hearing some songs (not just from this band) that we've played per her request over and over and over again. Maybe when she's a bit older and I'm not pregnant, we'll embark on an adventure like this. It sounds like so much fun to this mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment