Starting in May, 116 million American families are getting economic stimulus package checks from the government. To receive a payment, taxpayers must have a valid social security number; $3,000 of income and file a 2007 federal tax return. Eligible people will receive up to $600 ($1,200 for married couples), and parents will receive an additional $300 for each eligible child younger than 17.
The economic stimulus payments will be issued according to the last two digits of the main filer's social security number. People who use direct deposit also will be among the first to receive the payments starting May 2. Paper checks will be put in the mail starting May 16.
Here's the schedule for when to expect yours to come:
DIRECT DEPOSIT (transmitted on date)
00 through 20, May 2
21 through 75, May 9
76 through 99, May 16
PAPER CHECK (mailed by the date)
00 through 09, May 16
10 through 18, May 23
19 through 25, May 30
26 through 38, June 6
39 through 51, June 13
52 through 63, June 20
64 through 75, June 27
76 through 87, July 4
88 through 99, July 11
One of the purposes of the stimulus checks? To strengthen the middle class, to create jobs and to turn this economy around, according to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-California.
I've seen quite a lot of deals being made by businesses such as Best Buy, Sears, etc. to appeal to the consumer on how to spend this extra cash. I work for a newspaper in the advertising department, so we're reaching out to our clients to get them interested in running a similar ad saying come spend your stimulus check with us! It's all about spending the money as soon as you get it, huh? I guess that's the hope.
So, what are you going to do with your check? Save it? Or buy that plasma TV you've been dying to get?


We are going to buy a fridge, I hope!
ReplyDeleteI am going to get my eye exam (since I havent done that in 5 yrs....lol) Get contacts, and then who knows. I may get a new washer or I may pay Dr bills. We probably wont buy things with it though. Unless you consider Gas to get to work and back on...lol.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Crystal
Save it so I can take an all-expenses paid trip to Arvada.
ReplyDeleteSince we are at the end of the list I am afraid that all the money will be gone.
ReplyDelete