Now, you have to understand where we have been with Brooklyn and fruit. She has hated it for as long as I can remember. She didn't like the baby food to begin with, so I made her baby food with the help of a baby cookbook and my trusty food processor. I can't tell you how many times I steamed fruit and pureed it only to have her give me a look like yea right Mom! We kept trying though with no luck. She'll eat all the vegetables in the world, in fact they have always been more of a favorite to her than meat, but fruit, no way. It's only within the past six months or so, that she has really decided that fruit would be okay to try. First we started with bananas, and she ate a couple bites every once in a while. We eventually started mixing more and more fruits into the mix. Now, I'm proud to say that she'll eat oranges, apples, bananas, grapes, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and on occasion, peaches. We're still working on introducing her to all the rest of the fruit world, but this is a huge step for her. She will now ask for a specific fruit by name for a snack.
So, when we came home today and she sat down and pretty much divoured the strawberry, I felt so happy. And, the strawberry did taste pretty good too.


Next stop .. fruit toppings on ice cream!
ReplyDeleteMmmmm, Strawberries!! A huge craving of mine right now, I eat them all of the time! So glad that she is eating fruit, thank God my girls love fruit, they are so excited when we buy it!
ReplyDelete~Love, Julie