Kevin and I have such bad Baseball Fever. We cannot wait for opening day of our favorite team, the Colorado Rockies. Maybe part of our anticipation and excitement is because of what the Rox did last year as they made their run to the World Series. Maybe it's in part because we love the whole atmosphere of baseball games - the hot dogs, the scorecards, the cheers, the songs, the 7th inning stretch, the peanuts, the crowd, the wave. Maybe it's because we are both big fans of baseball as a sport, and because we both understand what's going on all the time (Kevin's an avid sports fan and I played competitive girls fast-pitch softball for 4+ years). We've even turned our little girl into a baseball fan. Whenever we drive by Coors Field, she sees something baseball related or we mention the Rockies, she'll raise her arms and scream "Go Rockies!"We only have exactly one more week left until opening day festivities and to see our men in purple in action as we cheer from our seats, a row above the out-of-town scoreboard. This day marks the beginning of a busy weekend for us as we have the opening day game next Friday, our anniversary on Saturday, the second game on Sunday and a Wiggles concert on Monday. But, hey, we couldn't be more excited!!
As a sidenote: It probably doesn't help our anticipation any that we started playing a baseball video game last night. It was a re-match from the World Series .. the Sox against the Rox and the Sox won again. I was "controlling" the Rockies, and let's just say, I left a lot of bases loaded, but I did have one amazing home run thanks to Matt Holliday.


Wear the sunscreen.
ReplyDeleteSave the beer.
LOVE the ROCKIES!!!, Can't wait,either!!!! GO ROCKIES!!!!
ReplyDelete