Thursday, February 07, 2008

A stolen moment

The clock read 5:48 a.m. Almost time to get up to get a jump start on the day. As I lay there in bed listening to the baby monitor, I hear a little voice whisper "Momma." I immediately jump out of bed, go down the hall and find my little girl standing up in her crib waving at me. I smile at her, tell her good morning and then scoop her up and carry of to bed with me. Even though I know that she's awake for the day, I still want to cuddle and enjoy the next few minutes together. I lay her down in the middle of the bed, partially on Daddy's pillow. As I go to lay down next to her, she puts her arms out and says "I hold you." So instead of putting my head on my pillow, I rested it gently on her chest. She wrapped both of her arms around me and holding me so tightly while she said "Mommy, I miss you." I told her that I loved her and missed her too. We chatted about how we slept, what we learned at church last night, what we dreamed about, what the day ahead was going to hold for both of us. Then as I begrudgingly had to get up to shower, I placed a gentle kiss on her cheek and she grabbed my head pulling me back down to give me a big kiss on the lips, and told me to "get clean." This was such a wonderful way to start my day...


3 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love it when they do cute stuff like that. Makes my day go a whole lot better.

    Blessings
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too precious...what a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes your day so much brighter, doesn't it?! Brooklyn is such a cutie-pie! :o)

    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete