Friday, November 30, 2007

Decorations Galore!

CHRISTMAS TIME IS THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR! I just love the holidays...the decorations, the music, the smells, sights and sounds, the hustle and bustle in stores...I love it all!

One of my favorite things is putting up the Christmas trees and decorating inside and outside our home. This year, we got Brooklyn her own tree to decorate. It's 3 feet tall and is covered with Dora the Explorer ornaments, babies and angels, her Hawaiian Santa and teddy bears. She pretty much wanted to put all the ornaments on her tree! We compromised and put the heavier ornaments that she loves on the big tree, but down low so she can visit them. We completed her tree by putting on a string of garland that has green, silver and red stockings hanging from it.

Mommy & Brooklyn picking out
the first ornament to hang up.
Brooklyn admiring her tree...
and as she said "all done."
One of the tradition we started last year is to have Brooklyn place the star at the top of the big Christmas tree, with Daddy's help of course. This year, she got it on the first try and was pretty proud of herself!

Reach, lil' one, reach!!
Yeah! We did it!
I love the way she is looking at her Daddy, so precious!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:34 PM

    Good thing Miss Brooklyn didn't wind up on top of the tree .. great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:39 AM

    Aww...sweet! Beautiful pictures of your family! Looks like she had fun!

    Blessings,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I did that!
    just in case you are wondering who Julie is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when the kids get involved. My 4(step son incluced) decorated our tree this year...its a little lopsided but it works....Your family looks amazing.
    Many Blessings this Holiday Season!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Missy, I haven't comments on here in forever! Please forgive me! Please know that I'm always reading, just not finding the time to comment.

    I just LOVED this post. Brooklyn is absolutely adorable and is obviously enjoying Christmas with the two of you. I can't believe how big Brooklyn is getting.

    ReplyDelete