Friday, October 19, 2007

"Brooklyn Day"

Thank goodness Friday is finally here!! Every since Wednesday, this week's speed hit the brakes very hard. Maybe it's because Wednesday means returning to work after 4 glorious days off with my princess, or maybe it's that I would rather be outside enjoying the fall weather with my princess. Okay, so I'll admit, the week has gone so slowly by because I want to be with my princess. And, to make matters even harder, she came to work with me this morning for a few hours while Daddy conducted an interview for work. When he came to pick her up, I was very sad to see her go. She was such a good girl while she was here, and she made my morning that much brighter. As she sat on my desk watching her DVD player with Dora seeking out "rainy mountain," I caught myself just gazing at her and smiling. My heart felt very full!

Brooklyn turned 22 months old today, a mere 2 months away from turning 2. I love this stage in her life because she's talking so much, is becoming so creative and imaginative, is so much fun to hang out with, is still very cuddly and sweet and simply is such a beautiful little girl inside and out. Don't get me wrong, I loved her baby stages. The times where she would just fall sound asleep on my chest, or the days when she was learning to pick up her head, or crawl, or learning to walk, but too see where she is at now, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Our days normally start out with her joining Kevin and I in bed for at least another hour of cuddling and sleep. When she wakes up, she'll rub either Kevin's back or my back or arms. When you open your eyes, you know that she will be watching and waiting with a smile and a "good morning." If your name is Mommy, you'll get a couple kisses and if your name is Daddy, you get a hug. It makes getting up so worth it. And, once she's up, she's up and so very, very busy. She'll include you in all her activities, and let you know if she just needs time to spend looking at books quietly in her room though.

Kevin and I just absolutely love spending as much time with her as we can. In fact, sometimes, I have to go to her room in the middle of the night just to give her a hug, kiss, or to listen to her soft breathing as she sleeps. There's nothing better in this whole world than being a parent, and I can testify to the fact that it leaves your heart very, very full and your world complete. My life wouldn't be the same without my little busy bee running all around my house, stopping for a second to smile or give me a "big hug." Brooklyn is the light of my world, and Kevin's too, which is why we have declared this Saturday "Brooklyn Day." We're going to spend ALL day playing with her, putting aside any household chores that we have to do, and just giving her 100% attention from lights on in the morning to lights out at night. It's her day to do what she wants, and it's an extra bonus that tomorrow's forecast is going to be so beautiful because that means we can play outside, something she just loves! And, the best part, Kevin and I are so excited about it...it's even marked on our calendar!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!! =)

4 comments:

  1. We played outside today, too! Claire is 2 & 1/2 and I am already seeing so much more to look forward to! I hope you guys have a great "Brooklyn Day"! Stop by my blog, I have an award for you! :o)

    Blessings,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:57 PM

    She won't forget it. And you won't forget it either when the day comes back to pay a visit in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sweet! I may have to try a "Devyn" day soon. It sounds absolutely divine! =) I hope you're enjoying your days off this week!

    PS It was a wonderful surprise to see you on Saturday. I hope you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Kylie and I have "days". It is so much fun. I learn so much on those days when she is allowed to explain anything she wants without interuption from the siblings. She can be very creative. Hope you enjoyed it.

    Blessings
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete