As was recently pointed out by one of my good friends and then reiterated by my husband - "Good things come to those who wait." And, as a Christian, I know that life doesn't happen according to my schedule, but according to God's plan for me and my life. While I know that both of these things are true, it doesn't make the waiting any easier. I am not a patient person, I never have been and the jury is still out on if I ever will be. I've been waiting for a response from someone since Monday (Friday in my mind though). While the answer is out of that person's hands now, the waiting is driving me mad crazy.
As I was showering this morning, I thought about what Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 teaches us:
For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.
I will get an answer, but I need to remember it's not going to be on my time, it will be on God's time. In 1 Peter 5:6-7 God instructs people to: “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God … casting all your cares upon Him, because He cares for you.”
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Amen, sweetheart! Kevin hit the mark ... patience does not always come easy but waiting upon the Lord is always the best route. He knew you before you were born and knows the plans He has for you. As He has shown you all your life, His plans are magnificent!! Take heart, my dear daughter...your answer will come soon. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteYou are in my thoughts and prayers. I know this is a hard wait for you but trust that His perfect plan is already at work, whether the answer is yes or no or not yet. =) Please keep me posted....
ReplyDelete