#1 - Brooklyn enters our bathroom and says "Oh Mommy it stinks in here like tacos ... did someone poop out tacos?" LOL!
#2 - I had the great idea to run errands this afternoon. I had the idea of running said errands after lunch and before naps. Usually this is pretty doable as I can keep Brooklyn awake by bothering her and Tierney by not giving her a pacifier. Well, this time around Tierney already had her pacifier, so she was going to sleep in the moving car, duh! And, I got a phone call that kept me from bothering Brooklyn, so she feel asleep too. So, errands were ran, children were happy, then we come home and I try to put them down for an afternoon nap after about 30 minutes of playtime. Tierney, who doesn't believe in sleep, takes about an hour nap, and then wakes up not wanting to go back to sleep. Brooklyn, who took a 15 minute nap in the car, refuses to go sleep, but lays in her bed for an hour awaiting my approval to get up. For this hour, I'm trying to get through as much material for a test I'm taking tomorrow morning, hoping to get through quite a bit. But, now they are both awake and requiring my attention, so I can't. I say to both of them "You silly girls aren't going to let Mommy have much study time today, are you?" And, little Tierney looks at me and says "Nope," while flashing me a huge smile.
#3 - Minutes after they woke up, our doorbell was ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing. I'm not a huge fan of going to the door because nine out of ten times, it's a soliticer and I'm totally not interested in what they are selling. We've had kid after kid standing on our porch trying to sell us chocolate or their services in bringing in my trash cans, which again, not interested. So, anyway, I went to the door after the first two rings and saw it was the little girls across the street. I immediately thought ball in the backyard but nope, they live across the street so that couldn't be it. I didn't answer it. I went back to the girls. Then, it kept ringing. I finally gave in and went to the door. The two little girls told me that their school was doing a fundraiser and would I like to buy anything. I looked through the magazine and saw they were selling Christmas wrapping paper and decided to buy a roll. After all, they are our neighbors, and my girls will be doing this one day too, and wouldn't I want our neighbors to buy something from them. The wrapping paper is cute and reversible. So, everyone wins. The funniest part was when I went to pay for it and I asked who I needed to make my check out to and they said, "Well, just leave it blank and we'll take care of it." I told them that if they could find out who I neede to make it out to, I would do buy something. They found out real quick! So, we'll have some cool new wrapping paper this holiday season and we supported neighborhood kids. Yay!
#4 - I was sitting in our recliner in the family room looking through work emails and Tierney would can't leave my side at times required me to put her behind me in the chair. As she is moving around, squirming like a worm, scooting to the edge of the chair, I reminded her that she's high up in the air. She just smiles at me. I put her in my lap to protect her from falling but she once again squirms behind me. So, I just watch her more carefully. Then, she lets out this sigh and leaps off the chair, head first into the carpet. She cries for like a half second, looks up at me and gives me the most disgusted look, like as if to say "Hey Mom, why'd you let that happen?" And, then she crawls away from me to play with her sister.
So, all four things happened in a span less than 30 minutes. All I can do is laugh. Aren't kids just the silliest?!


lol...sounds like one of my days...
ReplyDelete