Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Girls

I don't say it enough, but I really have the World's BEST Daughter! I really do. The kind of girl that melts your heart by wanting to hold you when you're feeling down or tired and tells you "just put your head on my heart Mommy, I'll make it better." The kind of girl that wants to be just like you so much that she'll imitate your every move. The kind of girl that makes you laugh because there's no other response you can give when she throws you for a loop by saying "taking away my toys Mommy isn't going to work." The kind of girl that can be all girly with Mommy but then turn around and two seconds later be wrestling or using tools with Daddy. The kind of girl that can be super shy around everyone but with Mommy and Daddy she lets loose to dance, sing or share one of her funny faces.

How did I ever get to be this lucky to have such an amazing person to care for and raise? How did I get chosen to be her mother? I don't have the answers, but I tell you what, I'm in awe and full of gratitude every day for the chance to spend time with her. She has truly made me a complete person and has shown me how to live life to the fullest and how to have fun every single day, every single moment. And, I thought I was supposed to be the one doing all the teaching!

As the birth of our second girl is right around the corner, I often ponder what she'll be like. Will she be like her sister? What will she be interested in? And, the thought that has crossed my mind several times, will I ever be able to love her as much as I love her big sister, and will we share the same kind of bond? I don't know who she'll look like or what her interests will be, but I know that like her big sister, she will be mine and I have already fallen in love with her. I can't wait to meet and greet her into our family. And, heaven knows, she's going to have one amazing big sister. Oh, I can't imagine how my heart will grow when she is born, but I know it will. I will get to be a mommy to two little precious girls! I just feel so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:38 PM

    She'll probably be the exact opposite...but don't worry Brooklyn will keep her in line. Piece of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:28 AM

    You'll be two-ninths of the way to a perfect softball team? With you and Kevin as the coaches, there's no way they can go wrong!

    ReplyDelete