Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Bubbles, Bubbles

Brooklyn has really become interested in blowing bubbles in the last couple of weeks. We've had a couple bottles of bubbles around the house for awhile now, but we were usually the ones with the bubble wand full of bubble solution doing the blowing as she watched with awe. That's all changed now. She is working on perfecting her bubble blowing skills inside and outside the house. She puckers her little lips and blows creating tons of little, sometimes big, bubbles floating through the air. My mom got her a bubble thing to do in the bathtub, but she literally will carry the container all around the upstairs of our house blowing them. The container even ends up downstairs.

When I came home last Friday night after work, I found Brooklyn sitting on our kitchen floor (which is hardwood), blowing bubbles. The bottle she was using is a little extra drippy when it comes to taking the wand out of the bottle, so she was "letting it drip a little bit first" on the hardwoods, and really on herself too. Kevin said she had been doing the same thing for over a good hour.

On Monday, on our weekly grocery store run, I picked up a huge bottle of bubbles for her intending to both fill up the extra drippy bottle and the container my mom had gotten her. That afternoon we headed outside with both the huge bottle and the extra drippy one. I soon realized that the bubbles I had gotten are these miracle bubbles that are extremely drippy once you remove the wand, so I declared them outside bubbles only.

We have spent a lot of time outside either in the afternoon, morning or right before bed on our front porch blowing bubbles. And, when I say we, I mean Brooklyn and I. That's right, I blow bubbles too.

Last night, Kevin came outside with us for a little bit. He looked at me and said that he loves watching how excited Brooklyn's face gets once she blows the bubbles and watches as they float in the sky. And, he said, I just don't know what to think about you! If I could get away with bubble blowing at my desk, I would probably take a small bottle with me to work to blow when I needed a break. I really love to blow bubbles. Kevin asked me if I was robbed of that as a child and I said absolutely not, I blew lots of bubbles as a kid, but it's just so fun, that I like to do it as an adult too. And, now that I'm a mommy, what better way to do it than with Brooklyn. But, I guess the saddest part about it and when I realize I might have a bubble blowing addiction is when Brooklyn looks at me with her blueberry eyes and asks me so politely if she could have her toy back because I have stolen her bubble wand.


3 comments:

  1. Truly, a kid at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! That reminds me I have to go buy some more bubbles!

    Have Fun!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:31 AM

    Being really old, it's nice to see a reincarnation of Lawrence Welk in Thornton.

    ReplyDelete