We have all tossed ideas around about doing a fun, adventurous activity for some time now. I mentioned that we should try a zip line tour, after kayaking with the sea turtles was turned down because of the fear of swimming with animals and my husband's dislike for kayaking.
After much consideration and discussion, I just booked our reservation on the zip line tour. For those of you not familiar with a zip line, here's the Wikipedia (wink, wink Kev) definition...
"Zip-line consists of a pulley suspended on a cable mounted on an incline. They are designed to enable a user propelled by gravity to traverse from the top to the bottom of the inclined cable, usually made of stainless steel, by holding on or attaching to the freely moving pulley. Zip-lines come in many forms, most often used as a means of entertainment. They may be short and low, intended for child's play and found on some playgrounds. Longer and higher rides are often used as a means of accessing unusual areas (a rainforest canopy for instance) or found at outdoor adventure camps where they are usually one element on a larger challenge or ropes course." NOTE: for those of you with kids, think the show Go! Diego Go!
Our tour is definitely not something you would find on a playground! We'll be soaring over gulches and through the trees along the slopes of one of the world's largest volcanoes. The tour blends a short hiking experience with five zip line crossings, an “Indiana Jones” style swinging bridge, and an introduction to Hawaii’s unique and fragile landscape. The tour website promises a one-of-a-kind adventure giving us memories that we'll "talk about for years to come."I just got the email confirmation and in the notes section, it says "customer should not have an extreme fear of heights." Well, I am pretty afraid of heights in that I won't go more than 2-3 rungs on the ladder at any given time, but this is going to be an adventure, so I'm all in!


OH, I am SO afraid of heights!!! Sounds fun, though! Hope you have a great time!
ReplyDeletePrayers,
Julie
Ok! Just a little jealous here... Zip line in Hawaii, way fun!
ReplyDelete